Brittany Rubenstein – University of Kansas
, business development intern
Missy Calvert – Kansas State University
, SUSIE Magazine
Brian Schwabauer – Missouri State University
, video production intern
Rebekah Mlinek – Liberty University
(Lynchburg, Va.), graphic design intern
Sara Simpson – Southwest Oklahoma State University
, intern at large
“This was a banner year for internship applications,” stated Heather Knight
, internship coordinator, Premier Studios. “We received emails and resumes from almost 100 interested individuals. This group of talented individuals represents our top picks, and they have already hit the ground running.”
This year’s internship class is a mix of local and national talent, with Rubenstein hailing from Minnesota and Mlinek traveling from her home state of Florida.
When asked why she traveled all the way to Kansas for an internship, Mlinkek replied, “To work for a company that desires to impact the world through everything they do has always been my dream. To have this opportunity is truly a blessing — I would have traveled clear across the country to take it. Lucky for me, Kansas is only halfway.”
Throughout the summer, interns will be assisting with agency work in their specific areas of study, as well as cross-training with other agency departments. They will also have the opportunity to attend industry events within the KC Metro area. A new component of the program this year is the Intern Leadership Series. Premier Studios will be hosting other content experts throughout the summer on a wide variety of topics, including the following:
- “Landing Your First Job" — Kathryn Lorenzen, Career Coach, Landajob Advertising & Marketing Talent
- “Building Your Professional Footprint” – Duane Hallock, Regional Director, Communications | Public Information Officer, American Red Cross of Greater Kansas City
- “2012 Digital Trends” — Dustin Jacobsen, Chief Stategy Officer, Flat Square Technology Group, Inc.
- “Something Creative” – Brian Brooker, Chief Creative Officer, Bernstein-Rein Advertising
- “Managing Stress on the Job” – Jim Bonafide, MS, LCMFT, Shawnee Mission Medical Center
- “Women in Leadership” — Shelley Winkler, Equipping Pastor, Heartland Community Church
- “Navigating Workplace Personalities” — Ruthie Harrison, Human Resources Director, BNIM
“Joining the Premier Studios team has been a great choice. I have already learned quite a lot,” observed Schwabauer after his first week of work.
Please extend a warm welcome to these talented students.